- 1 handful of porridge oats
- 1 level tsp fennel seeds
- 1 heaped tsp coconut flakes
- 2 heaped tbs natural yoghurt
- 1 small handful of blueberries
- small ripe mango
- a banana
- a lime
- optional: rose water
- optional: manuka honey
1. Put the oats into a small frying pan on a medium heat with the fennel seeds and coconut and toast until lightly golden and smelling delicious, tossing regularly. Tip into your bowl and spoon the yoghurt on top.
2. Return the pan to the heat. Place the blueberries in with a good splash of water and a few drips of rose water (if using), which will add an incredible perfumed flavour. Simply boil for a couple of minutes until the berries burst and you have a loose sauce, then spoon over the yoghurt.
3. Slice one of the cheeks off the mango and cut a criss-cross pattern into the flesh, making sure you don’t go all the way through, then turn it inside out so all the pieces pop up into a mango hedgehog (keep the rest of the mango for another day).
4. Peel and slice the banana, then dress both mango and banana with a squeeze of lime juice.
5. Add to your bowl and tuck right in. Great as it is, or if you like you can drizzle 1 teaspoon of honey over the top before serving.
See the full recipe here.