If you like card making and craft or you want to keep the kids busy, try making these gorgeous folded flowers!
What you need:
- 1 x A4 piece of coloured or patterned paper
- hot glue gun
- 1 x button
- 1 x bamboo skewer
- Cut two 6cm-wide strips, lengthways, out of the A4 sheet of paper.
- Concertina fold each strip.
- Place the concertina strips upright on the table in front of you, so they are balancing on their edges. Join the two strips at each end to form a circle.
- Press the circle flat on the table.
- Put a dab of hot glue in the centre of the circle and pinch it all together so it stays.
- Glue a button to the centre.
- Turn the flower over and glue a bamboo skewer to the back, as a stem.
Hints and tips:
- These folded flowers can also be used to decorate a gift – just glue it to the front or top of the gift for an impressive homemade gift wrap.
- Try using patterned paper for a different look.
- You could also paint the bamboo skewer if you wanted to make it a more realistic-looking stem.
See the video here.