Show mum how much you really love her this Mother's Day by cooking her breakfast! Thanks to Woolworths we have found you the perfect recipe to spoil mums taste buds with. Check it out below.
1/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
250g strawberries, hulled, sliced
1 tbs maple syrup
Olive oil spray
2 tsp icing sugar
- Using a 10cm-diameter heart-shaped cutter, cut a heart from each bread slice. Discard bread trimmings.
- Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla together in a large shallow bowl.Combine strawberries and maple syrup in a medium bowl.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. Dip 2 bread hearts, 1 at a time, in the egg mixture until soaked.
- Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown and egg has set. Repeat with remaining bread and egg mixture.
- Place 2 french toast hearts on each serving plate. Lightly dust with icing sugar and spoon over the strawberries.Place 2 french toast hearts on each serving plate. Lightly dust with icing sugar and spoon over the strawberries.
Serve with mum's favourite warm beverage or fruit juice and enjoy all the compliments!